East region, Cameroon – Bush Meat With Sweat Potatoes
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Bush meat is a type of meat that comes from the forest. There is a belief that bush meat is more beneficial to the human system than the type of meat that is being grown domestically. The taste of bush meat is very wild in the mouth, as it gives you a 100% that the meat you are eating is from an animal that lived entirely in the forest. This type of meat is mostly and often eaten by inhabitants of the East region as they are known as Mbingme, since it is being said that they are still very far away from civilisation. Though inhabitants of this region are the highest consumers of this type of meat, there is already a growing culture in the metropolitan cities of Yaounde and Douala seeing the uprising of new restaurants dealing only in bush meat as principal type of meat being cooked in their menus.
The cooking method of bush meat with sweat potatoes is that of boiling, frying and stewing.
Cooking ingredients of bush meat with potatoes
- Bush meat (antelope)
- Three Fresh Tomatoes
- Two big onions
- Sweat potatoes
Cooking ingredients to season the bush meat giving it a nicer taste
- Groundnut oil
- Maggi to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste more
- Green pepper to taste more
Cooking process of the bush meat with sweat potatoes
- The first thing to do is to wash the meat,
- Cut the meat into desired quantities
- Boil the meat on fire for a period of one hour, thirty minutes for it to be ready. Generally, bush meat stays longer on fire than domestic meat.
- When it is finally ready, remove the meat from fire and put in a clean bowl.
- Proceed then to the washing and slicing of the tomatoes, onions, celeri and percils. Wash them and grind them.
- You can decide whether to also grind the pepper, at this level, it depends on you, whether you will want that the pepper should be separate from the meat in the pot or joined completely in the same pot of bush meat altogether.
- Begin with the frying of the bush meat. The first thing to do is to pour in groundnut oil into the pot. Then wait for the groundnut oil to begin to steam. When it is the case, throw in the bush meat into the hot groundnut oil for frying. Fry the chicken and remove from the pot when it is dry.
- The next thing to do is the stewing of the bush meat after frying.
- Pour in groundnut oil the pot,
- Throw in the grinded spices, that is the tomatoes, onions, the pepper and the percil and celeri also.
- Put in a little bit of salt and maggi, just an inch of each will be enough.
- Stir the pot and wait for a minute or two minutes.
- After this, throw in the bush meat into the pot,
- Pour in a little bit of water and close the pot.
- Allow the pot on fire for a period of five minutes
- After five minutes, remove the pot from fire
- Your bush meat is ready.
Cooking method of sweat potatoes
The sweat potatoes is cooked by frying
Cooking process of sweat potatoes
- Peel off the skin of the sweat potatoes
- Cut into small,
- Pour in groundnut oil into the pot,
- Allow the groundnut oil to steam
- Begin frying the sweat potatoes, one after the other.
- Fry your desired quantity of sweat potatoes to eat with your bush meat.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL !
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!