Cameroon – Vegetables Soup With Red and Green Pepper
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Vegetables soup with red and green pepper is a specialty that is not common everywhere. The food may seem intimidating as a result of the combination of the red pepper and yellow pepper found in it. These forms of pepper are not actually hot, they taste like tomato. Due to the scarcity of tomatoes in the region, the people decided to ought something very basic that will replace the tomatoes that is naturally being used in cooking. Instead of being hot, the two forms of pepper are instead very sweat in the mouth. It may sound to read, but this is actually the reality of this red and yellow form of pepper. Using red and yellow pepper in cooking vegetables as tomatoes is something that is not seen elsewhere. As a result of this, the people find more pleasure in cooking their food using red and green pepper. The red pepper and yellow pepper shall be eaten as a compliment in the vegetables soup. Vegetables soup with red and green pepper is a meal found in Lekkie region of Cameroon. In this region, the red pepper and yellow pepper are being called horny pepper.
- A green packet of vegetables
- Five yellow peppers
- Five red peppers.
- One quantity of onions
- A cup of red oil
- Maggi for the tasting in cooking vegetables soup with red and green pepper
- Salt for the tasting in cooking vegetables soup with red and green pepper.
- Cut the vegetables in very small portions.
- Wash then the vegetables after cut in very small portions.
- After washing and cutting the vegetables in small portions, boil it.
- Squeeze the water from it when you remove it from fire.
- Wash the five yellow peppers. When washing the five yellow peppers, make sure not to cut it afterwards, allow them to be full, just wash them very well.
- Wash the five red peppers. When washing the five red peppers, make sure not to cut it afterwards, allow them to be full.
- Wash the onions, then slice them in very small quantity.
- The next thing to do is to put red oil on fire.
- Wait for the red oil to steam.
- When red oil does steam, fry the tomato and the onions till they become dry.
- When the tomato and the onions has dried off enough, throw the vegetables in the pot.
- Immediately after this, put salt and maggi, then pour a cup of water in the food.
- Let the salt and maggi that you have put be sufficient.
- If it is not enough, add it.
- When the food is about to be ready, put the red pepper and yellow pepper in it.
When the food is ready, serve the red pepper and yellow pepper in the food so as to best enjoy your sweat meal.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!