Cameroon – Spaghetti With Red Oil
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Spaghetti with red oil is different from the other type of spaghetti that is generally prepared. The expression spaghetti with red oil is to illustrate the fact that spaghetti shall be cooked using red oil. Spaghetti with red oil has the taste of chicken fowler that has been roasted. This is the local way that spaghetti with red oil is being prepared. This type of spaghetti is not the modern type of spaghetti with red oil but the local type of it. It is local because in general, cooking spaghetti cannot be with red oil, but with groundnut oil or Olive oil or any other type of oil with the exception of red oil. But in this our case, red oil is being used to cook spaghetti with red oil. Spaghetti with red oil is cooked in the Center region of Cameroon notably in the Mvog-Mbi neighborhood.
The cooking method of spaghetti with red oil is stewing.
- A packet of spaghetti
- One fresh tomato
- Green beans
- Half cup of red oil
- One fresh Poiro
- Salt and maggi to give taste to the food.
The cooking process of this delicious meal
- Since there is no need to wash the spaghetti, immediately proceed to the cooking in itself.
- The first thing to do is to boil the spaghetti.
- After boiling the spaghetti, drain the water from it.
- Wash the one fresh tomato.
- After washing the fresh tomato, slice the tomato in small.
- Make sure not to grind the tomato, there is no need to grind it, just slice it.
- Wash then the poiro and slice it also.
- Use a cooking pot or a pressure cooker if you have one.
- Pour red oil in the pot.
- Wait for the red oil to become hot.
- Throw into the pot the sliced tomato, the green beans, the poiro in the pot.
- Do not wait for the tomato or the poiro to start steaming, just pour into the pot, the boiled spaghetti.
- Put salt and maggi in it, then a little quantity of water.
- Allow the food on fire for like five minutes.
- After five minutes on stay on fire, remove the food.
- Your spaghetti with red oil is ready.
Enjoy your meal!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!