by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Red sauce is sauce that is entirely red in color as it is said in the name, due to some special species that is being used that gives this red color and very succulent at the same time. The reason for this sauce is due to the fact that it is meant for a particular group of age, that for children and teenagers in order to trigger appetite in them when they do not feel as to eat something hard and more consistent than this sauce. It is easy to eat as it is easily drank like water and more so it is very sweat in the mouth. Precisely what children and teenagers like sweat things. Red sauce with fresh fish is a particular sauce cooked in the South West region of Cameroon, precisely Buea, the capital of Cameroon.
Red sauce with fresh fish is cooked by boiling and stewing.
- Five fresh fish
- Red spices for stewing and giving the red texture.
- Two fresh tomatoes
- A hand full of celery
- A hand full of percil
- One fresh poiro
- A glove of garlics
- Three fresh ginger.
- Salt to taste
- Two maggi cube
- Two maggi crevette.
- 300 milileter of groundnut oil.
- Clean the fresh fish removing all the dirty particles from it.
- Do not fry the fish, it shall be cooked by boiling
- Clean the celery, percil, leeks with clean water. Wash it thoroughly like three to four times.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop into small parts.
- Wash the poiro and cut into parts
- Remove the peelings of the garlics and chop into small parts.
- Remove the peelings of the ginger and chop into small parts.
- Bring them altogether.
- Using the moulinex, grind them altogether at once. Make sure they are well grinded with no spices left ungrind.
- Put a clean pot on fire.
- Pour groundnut oil into the pot.
- Wait for the groundnut oil to steam,
- When it does steam, pour into the pot, the grinded species, which is the tomatoes, celery, percil, leeks, poiro, all into the steaming oil.
- Pour into the pot a cup of water, then throw into the pot the fresh fish,
- Throw into the pot the red species alongside maggi and salt for tasting.
- If the taste of the food is sufficient, close your pot for about twenty minutes.
- After ten minutes on fire, check on your food to see how it boiling. If the water us becoming dry, add in some water like a cup of water.
- After twenty minutes on stay on fire, your food is ready.
NB: The Red sauce with fresh sauce can be eaten eaten, that is it can be drank eaten with nothing as complement. It could still be drank with something like ripe plantains, though, it is preferable to drink it empty with nothing as complement and eat just your fish afterwards.
Enjoy your meal!!!