Cameroon – Potatoes Soup With Fried Fish
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Potatoes soup with fried fish is a very delicious meal that is cooked in a simple manner, but with so much taste in the mouth after having a difficult day. It is being prepared in homes in the evening times due to the fact that it is light and very easy and fast in the digestion. It does not take you up to twenty minutes for the digestion to occur. This is principally why it is being prepared in the evening by many homes and restaurants for people returning from work as they do not need much efforts to eat and disgest a meal after a hefty day of work in the office, enterprise or simply being a hawker. Everyone finds its pleasure and place in potatoes soup with fried fish. This local cuisine is coming from the Northern part of the country, Nagoundere in particular, then to the other localities like Adamawa. As it is often said, good things do not limit itself to just a particular region, it spreads to the other parts of the country, which is the case with potatoes soup with fried fish.
The cooking method used in the preparation of potatoes soup with fried fish is the one of stewing and frying. Stewing of potatoes, then frying of the fish.
- Half bucket of a 5 litres of potatoes
- Three tomatoes
- One onions
- A hand full of celeri
- A hand full of percil
- Four fresh fish
- Half cup of cray fish
- Red pepper
- A glove of garlics
- One full ginger
- A 200 mil of groundnut oil
- Maggi cube
- Salt to taste
- Peel off the potatoes, then wash it thoroughly like four or five times
- Peel off the garlics and the ginger, then chop it into very small parts
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into small parts
- Wash the onions and slice into small
- Wash the percil and the celeri, then chop them very little and grind it very well
- Clean the fresh fish by removing all the dirt from it, from the scales to the inner parts of the fish making sure it turns out to be very clean, inside and outside.
- After cleaning the fish, spreay salt on it and turn it so that the salt can penetrate inside, then place it under the sun.
- Allow it under the sun for a period of thirty minutes.
- When the fish must had absorbed the salt very well, remove it under the sun.
- From here, place groundnut oil on fire, begin fry the fish.
- When over with the frying of the fish, proceed to the stewing of the potatoes soup.
- Once more, place groundnut oil on fire and wait for it to start steaming.
- When it begins to steam, throw in the tomatoes, the grinded garlics, ginger, the sliced onions, celeri and percil into the steaming groundnut oil.
- Turn the spices very well into the pot and wait for a period of two minutes
- When the time reaches, throw in the potatoes into the pot, then followed by much water so as to make the potatoes soup, then put the maggi and the salt into the pot for a desired amount making sure to taste the food when doing so as to know the level of the saltiness.
- Close the pot for thirty minutes,
- After thirty minutes on stay on fire, remove the food from the fire and place the fried fish unto it.
- You can now serve yourself.
- Make sure not to enjoy this meal alone, enjoy it with others.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!