Cameroon – Pork Leg Sauce Sauter
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Pork leg sauce sauter is a local cuisine cooked for the strengthening of the bones as pork is known to be a white meat, that is the side effects of eating too much of pork are not enormous as compared to red meat. Pork leg sauce sauter is prepared for no other reason than to suck the substance that is found in the legs of the pig when it has been prepared. Most people believe that it helps in the strengthening of the human bone, that is the substance coming out of it and moreover, it is very delicious and appetizing in the mouth. It is not actually an initiation but there are some beliefs that you must first go a series of process for the first time you are eating the Pork leg sauce sauter. The process is not of great significance, but there are some people who prefer giving much significance to it, mostly the great elder ones. They see tradition and culture in practically everything whether it is food or any normal day to day life activities. Pork leg sauce sauter is having its origins in the Western region of Cameroon, precisely Banu in Cameroon.
Pork leg sauce sauter is being prepared by stewing.
- Two pig legs
- Four fresh tomatoes
- One fresh onions
- A handful of fresh celery
- A handful of fresh percil
- A glove of garlics
- A glove of ginger
- Half liter of groundnut oil
- Maggi cube to taste
- Maggi crevette to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cut the two pig legs into halves
- Wash the cut halves
- Boil them using leeks to give it good scent and taste
- Boil for a period of forty five minutes
- After forty five minutes, remove from fire
- Wash the tomatoes, onions, celery and percil and slice into small halves
- Remove the peelings off the ginger and the garlics
- Grind the tomatoes, onions, celery, percil, ginger and garlics at the same in a moulinex.
- Pour groundnut oil in a clean pot and place on fire
- When the groundnut oil starts to become ht=ot, throw into the pot the grinded ingredients, that is the tomatoes, onions, percil, celery and the others.
- Stir the pot for a period of one minute.
- When the tomatoes is ready and the other ingredients, throw into the pot the boiled pork.
- Pour into the pot a half cup of water
- Put in salt, maggi cube with maggi crevette to your desired taste.
- Add in another half cup of water into the pot and close your pot.
- Allow the food of fire for about ten minutes.
The Pork leg sauce sauter can be eaten empty or it can still be eaten with plantains, be it unriped or unripped plantains.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!