Cameroon – Jollof rice
by Verdzekov Bernard
There are so many ways of preparing food. I have once written about Jollof rice. This is a very simple cuisine that is valued and enjoyed by many around the world. In some of my Articles which I wrote about jollof rice in particular, I even mentioned that cooks compare amongst themselves on who can prepare jollof better than the other and not only cooks, but countries too and I mentioned of Cameroon and Nigeria. There is always the need for an update in preparation food. This article today on Jollof rice is like any other I have written on, but this today will be slightly different. Follow guide below;
- Curry powder
- Bay leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Tin tomatoes (Processed tomatoes)
- Wash your meat, slice and keep aside.
- Chop your onions and garlics.
- Stand pot on a gas with some of the onions and garlics and boil your meat. 20-25min
- While meat is boiling wash your rice and keep aside. Wash your tomatoes chop and keep aside.
- Using your main cooking pot, put in your vegetable oil and heat up. Turning your onions and fry until it is translucent. Add in your tomatoes and ground garlics. Add your tin tomatoes. Fry. 5min. Add your curry powder and stir well.
- Add in your rice, stir well.
- Add your bay leaves, maggi and salt to taste, add your meat stock and stir well. Then using a fuel pepper cover the top of the pot before using the lead of the pot to cover the pot. Allow the pot for about 15min. Open the pot add in your butter, add your sardine, and some chopped onions, Open pot and place a small fuel pepper at the center with hot charcoal at the center, then cover the pot for about 15min more. Your rice is ready. Serve.
You may ask, “why is hot charcoal placed inside the middle of the pot during cooking process”? It’s simple and how ever important. Some people may eat a particular meal not just because the meal is delicious when tasted, but because of the aroma that emits from the meal during or after cooking.
So, the reason why charcoal is kept at the center of the meal in the pot during cooking process is for the rice to achieve that Smokey Jollof taste.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!