Cameroon – Groundnut Leaves Soup With Plantains
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Groundnut leaves soup is a soup which is a combination of both modern times and ancient times so as to maintain the soup leaves. It has no particular connotation apart from the fact that it can be eaten empty or with complements like plantains, cocoyams, rice, miondo and in all cases, it is very sweat and tasteful in the mouth. The reason why Cameroonians enjoy eating groudnut leaves soup is due to the fact that it looks very clean due to the white colour it has and also its drawing nature. It is very sweat as it has the taste of Okonkwo soup, a white substance soup eaten in the grasslands and East of Cameroon. Groundnut leaves soup with plantains is a local cuisine coming from the zone area of Lebialem, a division in the South West part of Cameroon, not far from the Littoral, the economic capital of Cameroon.
The cooking method used in the preparation of groundnut leaves soup with plantains is that of boiling and local steaming.
- Three cups of white groudnut
- Vegetable leaves
- Dry fish
- A half bunch of plantains
- A glove of garlics
- A pinch of garlics
- White pepper
- Red pepper
- Salt to taste
- A cup of groundnut oil (Not to be used all)
- Maggi to taste
- Maggi crevette to taste
- Boil the groundnut for a period of thirty minutes
- When done with the boiling, remove the peelings of the boiled groundnut
- Place in a clean bowl
- Grind the boiled groundnut using a moulinex till it becomes dry
- Clean the vegetable leaves
- Cut the vegetable leaves into small parts
- After cutting the vegetable leaves, wash four to five times with clean water
- Place in a clean bowl
- Proceed then to the boiling of the vegetable leaves
- Boil for about thirty minutes
- When ready, place in a clean bowl
- Peel off the garlics and ginger and place in a clean bowl, then grind
- After doing this, put half cup of groundnut oil on fire
- When the groundnut oil begins to steam, throw in grinded boiled groundnut into the hot groundnut oil
- When the groundnut begins to boil, throw in the grinded garlics and ginger and put in a binch of salt and close the pot
- After a period of five minutes, throw in the boiled vegetable leaves into the pot
- Then followed by the crayfish, dryfish, white pepper and also the red pepper into the pot
- Pour in water into the pot and close your pot for a period of ten to fifteen minutes
- Then put in maggi and maggi crevette since you had already put in salt into the soup.
- After a period of fifteen minutes stay on fire, your food is ready.
After this, simply boil your plantains or you can still eat it empty.
- Remove the peelings of the plantains
- Wash the plantains and place in a clean bowl of water
- Boil the plantains for about thirty minutes on fire
- After thirty minutes, remove the plantains and serve yourself.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!