by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Fufu rice with white cabbage and olives is a food concept that deals in making fufu out of rice. Normally, fufu is being made from corn or cassava. When there is shortage of these resources, there is a need to look for a different way to make the fufu so as to eat it with sauce or anything available to eat it with. In the case of cabbage and greens, rice shall be used as fufu to eat the fod with. This food concept that was logically done for some particular reasons have taken a different turning point and has become a food combination being recognized by all food lovers and by those who are always in search for new food experiments. Fufu rice with cabbage and greens has become fine combination that is now prepared in homes, in restaurants and different gatherings where individuals turn to meet. More so, the food looks very attractive in the eye making one to have the desire of tasting tasting food to know whether it is nice or not. Be rest assured, the food is very nice and it merits to be cooked and enjoyed. Fufu rice with white cabbage and greens is a meal coming from Mankon, in the Mezam Division, Cameroon.
The cooking method used in the preparation of Cabbage and olives is boiling and frying of the chicken.
- Five cups of rice
- Half ball cabbage
- Green beans
- Yellow pepper
- Olive oil
- Groundnut oil to fry the chicken
- Wash the rice with water.
- Rinse the rice two and three times.
- Make sure when rinsing the rice for the third time, there should be no white substance coming out from the rice anymore. If the water you are rinsing the rice with is still white, then rinse it till it is no longer white.
- Take the cabbage and wash it well
- Take the cabbage and slice
- Wash the cabbage again with salt this time.
- Cut the greens and wash it afterwards
- Cut the carrot and wash it afterwards.
- Wash the yellow pepper
- Wash the olives
- Boil the rice first.
- When the rice has stayed on fire for about twenty minutes, put the carrots and the green beans into it. If you boil the green beans and the carrot too early, it will be soft which is not actually good. When you boil it when the rice is about getting ready, it is excellent as it will still be strong enough.
- Wash the percil
- Wash the chicken and slice into small parts.
- Boil then the chicken and fry using groundnut oil.
- Proceed to the boiling of the cabbage.
- Boil the cabbage alone just putting in little bit of salt.
- Using the olive oil, boil the olives putting in small water.
- When the olive is on fire, add it with the boiled cabbage and the percil.
- Close the pot for ten minutes.
- Make sure to check on your food from time to time
- Boil the yellow pepper
- When it is ready, remove from fire.