Cameroon – Fufu Corn and Vegetable With Mudfish Soup
by Nghonazie Annabel
Fufu corn is a very common staple in Cameroon which is eaten in almost all the ten regions of Cameroon. The choice of the soup or accompaniment now differentiates the clan or the region where it is being prepared. For example, fufu corn and vegetable mixed with mudfish soup is a typical meal of the people of the North West region of Cameroon precisely those in ngoketunjia division and its sub divisions while fufu corn and ngwem (cassava leaves) is common in the south west region of Cameroon. Mudfish is very common in the northwest as well as vegetables especially njamanjama so the people of this locality utilizes the resources they have to feed well and also raise income which will help solve other financial issues. Fufu corn and vegetable with mudfish soup is a very delicious and nutritive meal, it is believed that children from this localities who consume a lot of this meal are very healthy and strong.
This meal is prepared by boiling and steaming
- 3 kilograms of corn flower
- 2 cups of egussi
- 5 healthy mudfish
- 5 bundles of vegetables
- Half a liter of red oil
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- One small onions
- Salt and Maggi to taste
- Slice the vegetables into a bowl and wash well. Put in a pot and add a bit of salt to it, allow to boil for 5 minutes then use a flat cooking spoon to turn the vegetable such that the upper content should also boil. Allow to boil for another 5 minutes, when its ready remove and squeeze
- Ground egussi and mix with water in a bowl at a dropping consistency, add some salt to the mixture and mix well. Use a spoon to cut the paste into small rounded shapes and put in hot water and allow to cook and rise into egussi lumps
- Now add the vegetables to the egussi, add maggi and salt and allow to cook until the water dries up. When it’s ready remove and keep
- wash the mudfish well
- Put red oil in a pot and allow to heat for 2 minutes
- Add sliced tomatoes and onions and stir well. Allow to fry until done.
- Add the fish, small salt and maggi and cover
- Add small quantity of water and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- When it’s ready remove and keep
- Boil 5 liters of water to boiling point
- Remove some of the boiled water and put in a flask and cover
- Add sieved corn flour to the remaining water in the pot and turn rigorously until it mixes well
- Add some water to the corn flour, cover the pot and allow to cook for like 15 minutes
- Open the pot and turn the mixture again until it becomes homogenous
- Remove and wrap in plastic rappens
Fufu corn and vegetable with mudfish soup is ready. Serve the vegetable and the mudfish soup in the same plate and fufu corn in another plate.
Enjoy your meal
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!