Cameroon – Fried Follon With Fried Fish
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Follon is a traditional meal made up of vegetables and a full fried fish. This food is often eaten during special occasions like festivals and joyfull occasions that merit a celebration of a high calibar with special food just like the case of fried follon with fried fish or fried meat. Follon is a specie of vegetables that grows in swampy areas or in areas containaing much water, that is a watery area, that is making is easy for the cultivation of follon. Follon is mostly found in Western and North West parts of Cameroon like Bamenda and Bafoussam due to the constant rainfall falls in these localities, making them good zones for its cultivation.
Cooking Method of fried follon with fried fish
The cooking method of fried follon with fried fish is cooked by frying. This is the most suitable method of cooking available for fried follon with fried fish.
Cooking Ingredients for fried follon with fried fish
- Follon vegetable leaves
- Fresh fish
- A glove of garlics
- A small stem of ginger
Seasoning Ingredients for cooking fried follon with fried fish
- Groundnut oil
- Maggi crevet
- Maggi cube et arome for more tasting and additional flavour to your food.
Cooking process of fried follon with fried fish
- Cut the follon vegetables leaves into small pieces
- Wash them thoroughly and place in a clean bowl
- Clean the fresh fish
- Put salt unto it and dry it under sunlight
- After thirty minutes under the sun, remove it.
- Place groundnut oil on fire.
- Wait for the groundnut oil to become hot like for thirty seconds
- After five minutes on fire, throw in the fish into the hot groundnut oil and stir it. Fry the fish until it is ready.
- Proceed with the washing and slicing of the tomatoes, onions, celeri, and onions.
- Peel off the skin of the ginger and garlics and grind them diligently.
- Pour in groundnut oil again in a clean pot on fire.
- What follows next is the throwing in of the tomatoes, onions, percil, celeri and the grinded ginger and garlics into the pot. Put in small maggi and salt and stir for a period of one minute.
- Throw in the sliced follon vegetable leaves into the pot and stir. Add in small maggi and salt with maggi crevet and arome to give your food your desired taste and favour as you like it to be.
- After this, pour in a half cup of water into the pot.
- Allow the pot on fire for a period of thirty minutes.
- After thirty minutes, remove the food from fire.
- Make sure not to put the fried fish into the pot of follon. Do not mix the two together in the pot. You are free to mix them in the on your plate or in the stomach or in the mouth, but when cooking the fried fishand fried follon, make sure to cook the fried fish separately from the fried follon, but eat them together like in the picture.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!