by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
There is joy in eating good food in a good atmosphere and good temperature. Absolutely, food is one of these things that bring us immense pleasure when we are doing. Fish with mashed white beans and fried ripe plantains is of no exception to this rule. Eating a plate of fish with mashed white beans and fried plantains is the best thing that could ever happen to you in a cold weather evening. There is absolute joy in it. Fish with mashed white beans and fried ripe plantains is the perfect plate of food that can bring you joy, fulfilment after a heavy day of work or a day that did not work out as planned out. In major cities of Cameroon, particularly Douala, there is a tendency that has taken all over the place. The tendency is that people resort to a client environment particularly beside quiet waters to eat and enjoy fish with mashed white beans and fried ripe plantains. Fish with mashed white beans and fried ripe plantains is a meal prepared in Cameroon.
- One Kilo of fish
- Five cups of White beans
- Ripe plantains
- Groundnut to fry the fish.
- Wash the fish and clean the interior of the fish. This is the only thing that you will have to do. As for the outside, remove its scales and wash it like for two times.
- After doing this, put groundnut oil and fry the fish.
- When frying the fish, make sure that it is on low fire so as to avoid the fish from burning.
- After frying the fish go next to the whites beans
- Remove the bad white beans grain from the good white beans grain to avoid eating rotten or bad white beans.
- After doing this exercise, you can boil the beans.
- White beans stays on fire. So you will need to be patient like for fifty minutes.
- When the white beans is finally ready, you can on and mash it.
- In order to mash the white beans, you will have to use a hard stick so as to do it easily.
- When doing so, allow some of the white beans to burn which you will use to place it on top of the mashed white beans.
- After boiling and mashing the white beans, go next to the ripe plantains.
- Remove the peelings of the ripe plantains.
- Cut the ripe plantains in small parts.
- Using groundnut oil, fry the ripe plantains.
- In order to fry the ripe plantains easily and so that it should not suck groundnut oil, wait for the groundnut oil to become very hot before you begin with the frying process of the ripe plantains.
NB: When eating fish with mashed white beans and fried ripe plantains, eat it in the evening when the sun is about to set down so as to enjoy fully with all the conditions well aligned.