Cameroon – Ekusi Sauce With Okro and Canda
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Ekusi sauce is a sauce well appreciated by Cameroonians and Africans in general. As compared to so many other meals in Cameroon and africa, they often have a connotation towars tradition. This seems not to be the case with Ekusi sauce with Okro and canda. It is a food that is generally shared between all Cameroonians, as it has no precise tribal particularity. Though Ekusi sauce with Okro and canda does not belong to just one tribe or region, Ekusi podi in revenge yes. This, we will talk some other time in a different article as Ekusi is a large group of food which main stem is from the fact that it is a seed. Yes, Ekusi is a seed or a grain that undergoes a transformation under the process of grinding to become either a strong or soft paste depending on how you plant to use it. What is sure is that it reacts to all situations and conditions. As earlier said, Ekusi is a seed that is planted and when ready, it is being harvested then cracked since it comes in a strong shelter. After cracking the hard shelter, the next thing to do is to dry it under the sun till becomes dry. Okro is slipply vegettable that is very rich in mineral resources and it is a common food that is appreciated by most people from babies to adults of all age level, adolescents, youths and the old. In the following words that follow, I shall explain the preparation of the Ekusi sauce with Okro and canda and what you need to have in order to be able to cook it effectively in an enjoyable manner and taste.
- Two cups of dried Ekusi
- ½ kilo of canda
- Four Okro
- Two three tomatoes
- A glove of ginger
- A glove of garlics
- Salt to taste
- Maggi to taste
- A hand full of celeri
- A hand full of percil
- Secret spice combination
- One big size Onion
- One full cup of groundnut oil, preferable from 300 ml to 350 mil.
Cooking Method of Ekusi sauce with Okro and canda
- Take the two cups of dried ekusi and grind it without adding water in the process. Make sure that it maintains its dryness after finishing grinding it.
- Take the okro and cut it into small sizes, then grind it. When grinding, make sure to add water to enable the grinding relatively easy and moist. After grinding, put it in a bowl.
- Now, it is the time to wash the canda. Wash it thoroughly to remove all the black dirt from it. After washing it, cut into small pieces, then boil it for a period of ten to fiften minutees. When ready, bring it down.
- It is the time to wash the tomatoes, onions, ginger, celeri and percil. First cut the tomatoes, onions, percil, celeri into small sizes. Clean the garlics and ginger aand cut them also. Then join all together and grind. When about to grind, make sure to add a little bit of water in order to render the grinding. Grind now. After grinding, put it in a bowl.
- When you must have finished with all these, now place the pot on fire. Put groundnut oil of fire and when it is about to become hot, pour the grinded spices into the groundnut oil and stir.
- Next, add in salt and maggi and stir, then put the grinded okro into the pot and stir very well. Close the pot and leave for about five minutes.
- When you see it is about five minutes, add in the grinded ekusi and canda one after the other respectively. Also, add in water, a half cup of water will be ideal.
- Allow the food on fire for another five minutes. Check from time to time, when ready, stop the fire. Your ekusi sauce with okro and canda is ready. You can serve yourself or any other person.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!