Cameroon – Chicken Fried Rice
by Nghonazie Annabel
Fried rice is a delicious dish loved by many and prepared by many in so many different ways. Fried rice is prepared in many different colors including brown fried rice, yellow fried rice, green fried rice and red fried rice. To make this fried rice attractive to the eyes and belly calling, some garnishing is add which maybe addition of canned corn, canned beans, carrot, green beans, chopped green spices. Fried rice is on a high demand reasons mostly all big restaurants most have it on their menu and off course why not small restaurants and even some road side sellers who concentrate mostly at university junctions as most students will love to get a take away fried rice to ease the cooking fever from a long and tiring day at school. People prepare fried rice differently depending on their budget and their likes too. But in all fried rice is such a delicious meal especially when prepared with chicken.
Fried rice is prepared by boiling, parboiling and frying
- 2 cups of meme casse rice and 3 cups of uncle Benz rice
- Ginger and garlics
- Green spices
- Carrots and green beans
- Onions and green pepper
- Curry powder and thyme
- White pepper and hot pepper
- Chicken spices
- Groundnut oil
- Sweet corn and or peas
- Salt and maggi
- Wash the spices and blend together both the dry and wet spices
- Arrange the chicken, spice it with some of the blended spices and boil, when its ready remove and put in a colander so that the stock can be used later
- Put a pot on the fire and add groundnut oil, add the rice to the oil and fry using a wooden spoon until it becomes slightly brown
- Add the chicken stock to the rice, add maggi and salt and some blended spices and stir well, season the rice and allow to boil. add water gradually at this stage because the rice is not supposed to be sticky or too wet
- When the rice is almost ready and water have dried up, cover the pot with aluminum foil pepper which helps to retain moisture and then cover and cook on low heat
- When the rice is now ready, turn the rice on an open tray to cold down or open the pot and allow it to cool down
- Slice carrot and green beans and boil with a bit of limestone so that the colors don’t fade off
- Slice onions and keep, wash the canned corn and beans and keep. Arrange all necessary spices and keep near so that you don’t forget any
- Put a frying pan on the fire, add abit of oil and butter. Butter gives a rich creamy taste to the rice
- Add the onions, green pepper, cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add to the frying pan fry for like two minutes. Add the rice, curry powder, thyme, canned beans and corn and fry, make sure the mixture is stirred well
- Taste the check to check if Maggi and salt is ok, if not add a little. And also if the rice is not well flavored, you can also add the blended spices and stir well. The mixture should be homogenous.
- The frying process can be done many times depending on the quantity and the size of the frying pan
- When it’s done, remove and put in a flask or a warm saving dish. Now add the already boiled carrot and green beans to the rice. It is added at the end to avoid it getting too cooked which can scatter in the rice and make it sticky
- Fried rice is ready
- Enjoy your meal
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!