Cameroon – Brown Fish Soup With Brown Pounded Brown Coco
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Brown fish soup is a soup having a brown color, reason why it is being called brown soup due to the browness in color. This local cuisine is being cooked for the fact that it is easy and it taste like boiled groundnut. The cooking is very simple and very straight forward as it does not take up to one hour, thirty minutes to cook. This times tells how fast, simple and straightforwardness it takes for you to cook the brown fish soup with brown pounded brown coco, be it from the preparation of the ingredients, the washing and the cooking of the brown fish soup with brown pounded brown coco. This food comes from Bamenka, the Western region of Cameroon. But now, it has gone to all the zones of Cameroon, the center region, the North region, the Littoral. It is now regarded as the national food and it is well appreciated and eaten by men more than women. This is due to the fact that it is thick, heavy and at the same time, it is very easy to digest.
The cooking method used in the preparation of the brown fish soup with pounded brown coco is that of stewing.
- Two cups of groundnut
- Two fresh tomatoes
- One fresh onions
- A glove of garlics
- A glove of garlics
- Dry fish
- Three fresh fish
- Three okros
- Three raw coco
- Groundnut oil
- Red pepper
- Maggi cube
- Salt for tasting
- Maggi crevette for tasting
Cooking process of brown fish soup with brown pounded coco
- Fry the groundnut
- Remove the peelings off the groundnut
- After this, grind the groundnut using a moulinex
- Make sure to grind the groundnut dry
- After grinding the groundnut, wash the tomatoes, the onions, the leeks, then slice
- After this, remove the peelings of the garlics and the ginger, then slice them into small parts
- Gather them all together, then grind at once in a moulinex. Pour in small water when grinding.
- Wash the three okros, then slice them into small parts, then grind it.
- Clean the fish, then cut into small parts.
- After this, put groundnut oil on fire
- When it begins to steam, fry the fish dry.
- Having done all these, stew then your brown soup.
- Put groundnut oil on fire in a pot
- Throw in the grinded ingredients,
- Then what follows is the groundnut paste,
- Followed by the grinded okrwo,
- Followed by the fried fish and the dry fish simultaneously into the pot
- Pour into the pot a cup of water
- Then, put into the pot, the salt, the maggi cube and the maggi crevette at the same time.
- Close your pot for twenty minutes, after twenty minutes your food is ready.
When you must have finished with the brown fish soup, proceed with the cooking of the brown coco.
- Peel off the coco
- Wash the coco
- Grind the coco using a moulinex
- After grinding, wrap into coco leaves,
- Put the wrapped grinded coco into the pot, pouring water,
- Then allow on fire for a period of 45 minutes.
- After ten minutes, add in the pot half cup of water.
- After 45 minutes on stay on fire, your food is brown coco is ready.
Enjoy your Meal!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!