Cameroon – Beignet Maize With Flour
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Beignet maize with flour is the type of puff balls that is cooked with the use of fresh corn. The corn can be red or yellow or even white in color, it does not matter. What matters is that the corn should be fresh corn. Yes, it should be very fresh corn, if not the preparation shall not work. The taste of beignet maize with flour is very sweat in the mouth as if it is sugar, where as it is just fresh corn that has been used in the preparation. Beignet maize comes from the West and NorthWest parts of Cameroon.
The cooking method of beignet maize with flour is that of fryng. The cooking method is simple and also the cooking process is simple as well.
Cooking ingredients of beignet maize with flour.
- Six cups of fresh corn
- One fresh yellow banana
- Half kilo of flour
- Frying oil ( Groundnut oil)
- Grind the fresh corn with the use of small water like half a cup of water.
- Mash the yellow banana putting small water after water so as to mash it easily.
- After mashing the banana and grinding the fresh corn mix them all together with the flour alongside with half kilo of flour at the same time. Mix them up together not putting water into it just mixing them like this till it become soft paste.
- Put groundnut oil on fire. Wait for the groundnut oil to steam very well. When it becomes very hot. When it does become hot, cut the paste into small and put into the pot. Using a frying spoon, stir the puff balls, turning them from side to side till it is ready.
- Make sure to remove from fire when it is still dry and not wet.
- Fry them all and serve unto a clean plate.
Beignet maize is generally eaten empty as it can also be eaten with other complements like beans and pape.
Enjoy your beignet maize with flour.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!