Cameroon – Bamunka Soup and Fufu Corn
by Nghonazie Annabel
Bamunka soup is a common soup prepared mostly by the people of bamunka village. That is why it has been named bamunka soup because out of 100 families, 70 prepares bamunka soup on a daily basis. Bamunka soup is one of the cheapest soups one can think of in this locality reasons people prepare it a lot. It is very economical and less time consuming so bamunka people in the North West region, ngoketunjia division and the strangers in this area loves bamunka soup accompanied with fufu corn. Bamunka soup is prepared with tilapia fish either smoked or fresh tilapia. The tilapia used is caught in streams just around the village or from the bambalang dam. This soup is such a delicious meal though it was first neglected by most of the strangers in this locality, they came to include it in their weekly menu after discovering how delicious, easy to cook and cheap the meal was. Fufu corn and bamunka soup is such a good combination and even people out of this village who know about this dish will always love to cook it no matter where they are.
Cooking method of bamunka soup and fufu corn
Bamunka soup is prepared by frying / stewing and fufu corn is prepared byboiling
Ingredients for bamunka soup
- ¼ liter of palm oil
- 5-10 medium sized smoked tilapia fish
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 small onions
- 1 liter of water
- Maggi and salt to taste
Ingredients for fufu corn
- 2 large cups of corn flower
- 5 liters of water
Cooking process for bamunka soup
- Wash and slice tomatoes and onions
- Warm palm oil slightly
- Add the sliced tomatoes and onions in the warm palm oil and fry well
- Add the tilapia fish in the mixture and stir, add Maggie and salt to taste
- Add water to the mixture and allow to cook for like 15 minutes
- When the water must have dried up, remove the soup and serve
Cooking process for fufu corn
- Boil 5 liters of water to boiling point
- Sieve the corn flower using a sieve
- Using a plastic cup scoop out 3 liters of water and put in a flask and cover for it to remain hot
- Mix small quantity of corn flower with water and pour in the remaining 2 liters of water and stir well using a wooden stick. Allow to boil for 10 minutes
- Add the remaining corn flower and turn well until it is smooth. Add about 2 liters of water and cover. Allow to boil for 10 minutes
- Turn the mixture well to homogeneity
- Use a plastic plate to remove the corn fufu and wrap in plastic rappens
- Serve with bamunka soup.
Bamunka soup and fufu corn is ready. What a delicacy. It is eaten hot to enjoy the taste. Eat and ask for more. Good appetite.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!