Cameroon – Bakweri Seasoned Chicken Chips
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Bakweri Seasoned chicken chips is local cuisine ressembling a barbecue in the United States of America or in the Central part of London. This local cuisine originating from Cameroon has the taste of a saucisse. Bakweri is a village locality in the South Wset region. This small village is the one giving us the chance to enjoy this seasoned chicken chips. It looks quite appettizing from the outlook to the in loook that is when eating it. This local cuisine originating from the South Western part of Cameroon, better known as the grassfields being the other part of the Anglophone region combining with the North West region, also known as the grasslands. Due to this immense local cuisine, we shall travel to the Bakweri land thanks to this delicious plate of food.
The cooking method used here in orderto prepare this delicious local cuisine is that of frying and seasoning.
- Half chicken
- A glove of garlics
- Irish potatoes
- Maggi crevette
- Maggi arome
- Cube maggique
- Groundnut oil
- Red pepper
- Wash your cicken
- Divide your chicken
- Boil your chicken putting in salt, leeks to give it a natural odour and also a sweat taste.
- Boil for a period of thirty to forty minutes. Let it get boiled and ready totally.
- After a period of forty minutes on fire, remove your pot.
- Remove the boiled chicken from fire and place in a clean bowl.
- Put groundnut oil on fire
- When the groundnut oil begins to steam, start preparing the boiled chicken
- One after the other, begin frying the chicken.
- Fry from the first one to the last one.
- After frying, using a drainer, drain the groundnut oil from the chicken. Make sure to remove the entire oil from the chicken.
- From here proceed with the seasoning of the chicken
- Using salt, maggi arome, maggi crevette and cube magique, season your chicken. In order to do so, put your desired amount of the fried chicken. After doing so, pour a little bit of groundnut oil on it. Light on the fire, then place the seasoned chicken on a frying pan or a pot for a period of five minutes maximum. Do not go above the five minutes.
- Five minutes are sufficient for your seasoned chicken to stay on fire. No more than this or less than this, five minutes are enough. Having done this, your seasoned chicken is ready to be eaten and devoured.
How to prepare your potatoes chips
The potatoes chips are prepared by frying.
- Peel off the skin of the potatoes.
- Wash it thoroughly removing any dirt from it
- Cut it into small round sizes.
- Place your groundnut oil on fire
- Wait for the groundnut oil to steam. When you notice that it has started steaming, begin throwing in the small sliced round potatoes into the groundnut oil.
- Fry them all limiting the amount of groundnut oil on it. Fry them dry, though it should not be too dry. Depending on the amount of potatoes, it could take you up to thirty minutes for the frying.
Grind the red pepper to enjoy it fully.
When it is ready, serve yourself like in the picture below the title.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!