Cameroon – Agege Soup With Boiled Rice
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Agege soup is a local cuisine of tomatoes used that is on the point of rottening, making it to have a sweat taste and at the same time a sour taste. This is due to the fact that when cooking, they use bothe fresh tomatoes and tomatoes that are at a point of rottening. Agege soup with boiled rice is originating from Cameroon, precisely the Littoral part of Cameroon. Though, it is highly consumed in this side of the country, it subsequently spreaded to the other regions, slowly in some regions and fastly in other regions.
The Agege soup with boiled rice is cooked by stewing
- Seven fresh tomatoes
- Four rottening tomatoes
- Three cups of rice
- A glove of garlics
- Three gingers
- One full onions
- Groundnut oil
- Red pepper
- Maggi cube
- Salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes, both the fresh ones and the rottening ones, though make sure to wash them separately.
- Use one full onions by washing it and cutting it into smaller pieces
- Peel off the layers of the garlics and chop into smaller pieces
- Peel off the layers of the ginger and chop into smaller pieces
- Wash the celeri and the percil removing all the ground and dirt from it and chop into smaller parts
- Wash the poiro and cut into smaller parts
- Having gathered all these ingredients that is the fresh and the rottening tomatoes, the onions, ginger, garlics, celeri, percil, grind them all using the molinex. Make sure to grind it very well
- Put a pot on fire, followed by groundnut oil
- Do not wait for the groundnut oil to steam. Immediately as you pour groundnut oil into the pot, throw in the grinded ingredients into the pot of groundnut oil and close the pot.
- After a minute of closing the pot, take two maggis and throw into the pot. Make sure to stir
- At the same time, take a half tablespoon of salt and throw into the pot.
- After this, pour in a full cup of water.
- Close the pot and wait for a period of ten minutes.
- After ten minutes on fire, your agege sou pis ready.
Proceed then to the rice
- Wash the rice thoroughly
- Pour water in a pot and place on fire
- Throw into the pot the washed rice
- Put a half tablespoon into the pot.
- Close the pot for a period of thirty minutes, checking from time to time to inspect whether the water is drying off or the rice is ready.
- The rice should at most thirty minutes on fire.
- Immediately the rice is ready, remove the pot from fire.
- When you remove the pot from fire, open one side of the pot for the rice to reduce in its warmness
- After some minutes, you can go on and serve yourself.
Enjoy your agege soup with boiled rice
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!