Burkina Faso – Riz Gras
by Bob Huyu
Burkina Faso is a country located western part of African continent. It is boarded by Mali to the north, Niger to the northeast and Togo to the south. It is a Savannah land with large plate and formerly know as “Upper Volta”.
Besides it’s geography, Burkina Faso gives it’s most national taste to this cuisine, Riz gras. It is a white rice with vegetables or meat, cooked with an amount of oil, hence called fat rice.
Despite the taste, preparation methods varies with accordance of need.
Someone may prefer only veggies along with the rice, therefore preparation won’t take long but with the common ingredients.
Other may prefer meat mix, this will take a little longer since it requires to brown or boil meat before the final mixes.
Welcome to the Riz gras preparation guide, enjoy the taste from Burkina Faso.
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup oil
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 stock seasoning chicken bouillon
- 2 habanero pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic
- 2 cloves
- 4 cups water
- Blend using food processor, the mix of
- tomatoes and
- Heat up oil and add the blend paste, cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- After the mix cooked well, remove from the heat.
- Boil up chicken for 15 minutes in another cooking pot.
- Pour the paste mix into the cooking pot used to boil chicken and stir well.
- Wash rice (you may soak it in warm water for 5 minutes), put into the cooking pot and bring to boil for 10-15 minutes until water dries. Be sure that if you soak rice, then check it over time because it is likely to cook early, therefore be careful so that rice won’t burn.
- Serve it warm for a perfect taste, with some slow cooked vegetables on top.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!