Bangladesh- Kachchi Biryani
by Dexter Don
Introduction Of This Dish
Today I’m here with a new recipe which is a local cuisine of Pakistan and especially Bangladesh and it is very popular cuisine over there. This dish is called Kachchi Biryani, as you know that there are many types of biryani and there are many restaurants who offer this kind of dish. But this dish is very special and liked by many people in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines are very common and also very popular in Asian countries not just because of their taste but also because of their healthy fats. In this dish, the main components are mutton and rice. Mutton is a very advantageous diet for our health and it is liked by many people. This dish is not so difficult to make, I’ve given my recipe which is simple and easy. If you want to make this at your home you just have to follow these steps which are given below.
Traditional Dish Of Bangladesh
There are many cuisines that represent the tradition of Bangladesh. Kachchi Biryani is one of them and it is a great traditional dish of Bangladesh which is eaten and liked by many people whole over the country.
Healthy Facts Of This Dish
This is not just a tasty dish but is also a very healthy and nutritious dish. It contains fats, calories proteins etc, which are given below:
- Calories: 2700 kcal
- Fat 149: gm
- Protein: 104 gm
- Carbohydrates: 244 gm
Origin and History
Talking about the origin of this dish let me tell you that this dish is originated from Bangladesh. This dish was created between the rule of Aurangzeb. In past people make this dish by marinating chicken or meat in yogurt and cook it with rice. There are many beliefs that this dish is a kind of Hyderabadi biryani.
- ½ tsp Red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tbs Salt or to taste
- 2-3 Cinnamon sticks
- ½ tsp Black peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ piece Nutmeg
- 1 piece Mace
- 6 small Potatoes peeled
- ¼ tsp Yellow food color
- 1-2 tbs Cooking oil
- ½ tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 Black cardamom
- 4-5 Green cardamom
- ½ kg Mutton
- ½ tbs Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbs Green chili paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ kg Rice basmati
- ¼ tsp Yellow food color
- ½ Cup Fried Onion
- 1 & ½ tbs Lemon juice
- ¼ Cup Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Fried
- 1 tbs Kewra water
- ½ Cup Water hot or as required
- 2 tbs Ghee
- ¼ Cup Dry milk powder
- ½ Cup Cooking oil
- 6-7 Dried plums
Steps To Make
- In a very first step take a spice mixer for mixing up the spices which we are going to add in our biryani now add 1/2 tsp caraway seeds, 1 black cardamom, 4-5 green cardamom, 2-3 cinnamon sticks,1/2 tsp black peppercorns, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 piece nutmeg, 1 piece mace in it and then grind it to make a powder of it and set aside.
- Now take a bowl and add 6 small peeled potatoes, 1/4 yellow food color and mix it well and set aside
- On the other hand, take a frying pan or a wok add 1-2 tsp cooking oil in it, and fry the above potatoes until it turns golden brown in color.
- After turning its color, now take it out and set it aside for some time.
- After that take a pot or a pressure cooker and add 1/2 kg mutton, spices which we’ve ground above, 1/2 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp green chili, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 & ½ lemon juice, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup fried onion in it and mix it well, now again add 1 tsp kewra water and again mix it and marinate it for 2 hours.
- After that take 1/2 cup of hot water and add 2 tsp ghee, 1/4 cup dry milk powder and whisk it for some time until it changes its color and set aside.
- Coming back to marinated mutton, add 1/2 cup cooking oil in it and mix it well.
- After that add the above potatoes, 6-7 dried plums, 1/2 kg soaked rice, the above water mixture, 1/4 tsp yellow food color, 1/2 cup fried onion in that marinated mutton then cover it properly with the help of dough.
- Now take an iron tawwa, and place this pot on it and cook it on high flame for 10 minutes for building up the steam.
- And then cook it on low flame for 1 hour.
- Your delicious Kachchi biryani is ready to eat and serve this dish with raita.
Serving With Raita
This is a kind of dish which is to be served with Raita. Raita adds more deliciousness in this dish. Raita can be made up with Yogurt and podinay ki chutni. If you put some raita on the top of it, then it will add more beauty and taste in this dish.
Time Required For This Dish
You need 40-50 minutes for cooking this dish.
You need 1.5- 2 hours to prepare this dish.
You can serve this dish to just 5 people.
Level of cooking
The level of cooking this dish is Moderate
Taste of this dish
The taste of this dish is Spicy
Origin Of The Dish
This dish originates from Bangladesh.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!