Pakistan – Elementary Dish of Pakistan “Daal Chawal”
By Dahiza Umar
Daal chawal in Pakistan
Daal is actually lentils usually yellow and red one mixed with some flavors. And chawal is actually simple boiled rice or tarka rice (aromatic rice).
This dish is like heaven on earth, even the daal chawal lovers are spread everywhere in Pakistan.
When it is served with kachumbar salad, green chutney, raita and amm ka achar (mango pickle).
Every corner or even in small street you have seen daal chawal stalls and the fancy restaurants have this dish in their menu.
Easy to cook and love to eat.
- Moong daal( split yellow gram) 1 cup
- Masoor daal (Split red gram) 1 cup
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder half teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Water 4 cups
For tarka (seasoning)
- oil half cup
- Sliced ginger 1 tablespoon
- Chopped garlic 1 tablespoon
- Chopped green chilies 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Whole red chilies( kashmiri mirch) 2
- Sliced onion 1 small
- Take 2 cups of water add spices, lentils, ginger garlic paste in a pot and put it on low flame for 20 minutes.
- When the lentils cooked nicely, the daal mix is ready
- To make tarka, take oil in a pan add ginger garlic and onion together and fry until little golden coloured appeared.
- Than add spice, whole red chilies and instantly add into the daal.
- Mix the daal with tarka
- Daal is ready
- Rice 2 cups
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Water to boil
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Take large pot fill with water and add salt to it
- When simmering starts in the water add soaked rice.
- boil the rice for 10 minutes until half cooked
- Take oil in a separate pan, strain the rice and add into oil
- Cook the rice on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Simple boiled rice is ready
Serve the chawal and daal with salad and achar( pickle).
I love this dish as every Pakistani love.
Hope you enjoy!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!