Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Mutton Korma
by Dahiza Umar
Mutton Korma is dish full of aromatic gravy with tendered meat either mutton beef or chicken for meat lovers. It is usualy made with mutton having flavorful spices, this recipe makes for parties, weddings, special occassion or festive. This unique mutton dish can be prepared at home by using some traditional ingredients. The mutton pieces are so soft and tender because it is cooked on slow heat so the flavors and the stew comes out of the gravy and increased the flavors of the dish then the marinate with the spices of great taste is used and keep it aside for two hours, so the spices goes into the meat. This is slow cooked and served with Naan, Roti, Rice etc.
This delicious and delectale Mutton Korma recipe is one of the most eaten dish on the occassion of Eid ul azha. In Pakistan, mutton dish like karahi, nihari or haleem are usually prepared during special occasions.Everyone is mutton lover here in Pakistan and they love the palatable taste of mutton prepared in thick aromatic gravy then you can prepare and serve this as a main dish on festivals.
Korma is the dish of old ages form the era of Mughals and also included in the mughal’s cuisine. Korma was often prepared in Mughal kitchens as a favorite dish of king. Than it is introduced to the Indian subcontient and now to the all three regions of Indian subcontinent like Pakistan, India and bangladesh.
- 1 kg mutton with bones
- 2 Onions
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1 cup oil
- 2 green Cardamom
- 2 black cardamom
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 cloves
- 6 black peppers whole
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 4 tbsp cream
- 4 tomatoes
- In a pan, add oil and sliced onion, fry until light brown.
- Now add garlic ginger paste and fry than add sliced tomatoes and let it cook on medium heat until soft.
- In another pan, add mutton, yogurt, all the dry spiced and fried onions and marinate it for half hour to 2 hours.
- Check if the onions and tomatoes are soft the water is dried add marinated mutton and fry it for 10 minutes.
- When the water of yogurt is dried and the mutton has starts smelling nice add whole spices like cardamom, cloves and black peppers and add 6 to 8 glass of water and let it cook for half hour on low medium heat.
- Check if the meat is tendered add cream and served it.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and green chilies.
Servings : 4 to 6 person
preparation time : half hour
Cooking time : 2 hours
Cuisine : Asian cuisine, Pakistani ( Mughal’s cuisine)
Course : main course
Place of origin : Indian subcontinent
Calories : 300 calories
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!