by Reshaeel Nisar
This is a very delicious dish eaten all over the world. Many people like to eat this in lunch. And many restaurants offer this delicious dish. It has a coating of bread crums which actually makes it crispy and crunchy. Many people eat this dish with ketchup. There are many ways of making this dish. In different countries this dish is made by different method and everyone has different taste of it. Today i am going to explain that how i made this dish in home with simple techniques. You just have to follow these steps and your delicious mozzarella sticks are ready.
This dish has also benefits in health because of Mozzarella strips in it. This is a delicious as well as a healthy dish. Many peple love eating this local cuisine in Pakistan and other countries
• Non grated mozzarella (cut them into strips) .
• Breadcrumbs .
• Garlic powder
• Salt .
• Pepper .
• Smoked paprika powder .
• Egg .
• Plain flour .
• Dried Italian herbs .
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Method to Make
1. If your mozzarella is in a chunk, cut it up into strips, don’t make them too thick because the thickness is what determines the cheese pull at the end .
2. Prepare the coating station. In one bowl, mix flour, salt, smoked paprika and garlic granules. In another bowl, beat one egg and add a tablespoon of water (This gives it extra crispy-ness ). In the last bowl, add your breadcrumbs, pepper and Italian herbs. .
3. Start by coating the mozzarella in flour, then dip it into the egg mixture, then back into the flour. Next dip it back into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumbs, then once again back into the egg mixture and back into the breadcrumbs (DON’T GET LAZY WITH THE COATING – THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT FOR A CRISPY COATING – SO DON’T MISS ANY STEP) .
4. Let your coated mozzarella stick chill in the fridge for at-least one hour .
5. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the sticks, be sure to constantly move them around for an even dark golden brown color! .
6. Serve with marinara sauce and ENJOY
Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
Serve People: 5