Pakistan, Bangladesh – Namkeen Gosht
by Dahiza Umar
Namkeen Gosht means tender or soft meat when cooked for a long time to maintain the juices inside the meat, and ingredient used to flavors the meat in a small number. Namkeen means Salty and Gosht is tendered meat, when meat either mutton or beef is cooked having 2 3 ingredients on the ow heat so the aromas and juices of the meat and spices mixed together in a way to give anyone a kick of flavors and aroma.
Namkeen Gosht is a deliciously meat dish. Traditionally, small pieces of lamb or beef are cooked in small number of ingredients and enjoy the slated tendered meat with full zeal and zest.
Namkeen gosht is a popular dish in all of the Pakistan, is a mouth-watering treat that is giving everybody a life full experience of the dish through out Pakistan. It s cooked for festivals like Eid, Shabrat ( islamic festivals ) or other special occasions, weddings, parties and dinners. Tasty, Palatable, relish, easy recipe with flavorful simple and few ingredients. Usually serve with naan or roti or eaten as it is. Enjoy this mouthwatering dish to relish your cooking skills with your friends and family.
This is a dish that we can say ”precious memories and delicious food always stay in our minds”
This dish is so simple and easy with burst of flavors and only few ingredients are used Salt, ginger, garlic, black pepper and some butter, the flavors and tender bite of the meat will blew your mind away.
Historically, In the era of old ages when the Indian subcontinent is together lamb and goat meat is always favorite in Asia and middle east. It is said that the Mughal’s hearty appetite is for meat dishes and namkeen gosht is one of them most cooked and favorite dish.
It is now said that Namkeen gosht is the famous treat of Peshawar, a city of Khyber pakhtoon khawan, province in Pakistan. In Peshawar, meat is king at food time
- 1 kilogram lamb meat ( small cubes)
- 6 tbsp oil / butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 2 to 4 green chilies
- Take oil or butter in a cooking pot and add garlic ginger paste into it and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Than add meat and give it a fry for 10 minutes until aroma start appearing.
- Add all the other dry spices into the meat and than 4 glass of water.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes than cook it on slow heat for half hour.
- Check if meat is cooked and moisture is dried, add vinegar and fry the meat in the spices and butter to dry it and make it good to eat
- Dish is ready to served and garnish it with green chilies and ginger slices on the top
CUISINE : ASIAN, PAKISTAN, KHYBER PAKHTOON KHAWAN
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
PREPARATION TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 TO 6 PERSONS
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!