Pancakes are a special type of sweet dish and it is very famous and popular in American Cuisines. It is full of diet that’s why some people eat this sweet dessert as a diet but these pancakes are usually harmful to diabetes patients. When we talk about the title of the dish which is a plain pancake, where the meaning of plain is simple which flat surface while the pancake word comes from the Greek word pan which means plain surface where you can make different recipes or pancakes as well and the other word is cake. So, it means that most types of pancakes are flat and plain. Plain pancakes are the basic type of pancake. There are many different verities in Pancake. There are two main components one is all-purpose flour and milk and needs some other ingredients to make delicious and delightful pancakes. These pancakes are available at many American street bakeries. It is prepared in the frying pan. You can make it at your own home by following this short and easy recipe and shared with your family and your loved ones.
Origin and history
Every type of dish must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important portion of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of this dish (Plain Pancake) is originated from the ancient Rome Empire. It was traditionally famous and popular in America and become part of their cuisines. The ancient Romans and Americans ate pancakes and they were eaten traditionally in many quantities on Pancake Day. They also celebrate Pancake day on Tuesday of every week.
There are many different and old names of Pancake. They are all named under below:
- The Hotcake
- The Flapjack
- The Hoecakes
- The Johnnycakes
There are many different and verities of Pancake. They are all named under below:
- American-Style Pancakes
- The Chocolate Pancakes
- The Creamy Pancake
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
- Oreogasm Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Cannoli Pancakes
- Apple Spiced Pancakes
- (All-purpose flour) sifted 1 Cup
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- (Caster sugar) 2 tbs
- (Salt) ¼ tsp
- (Egg) 1 large
- (Butter) melted 2 tbs (unsalted)
- (Milk) ¾ Cup or as required
Cooking and Baking Procedure
- For Batter, preparation takes a bowl to add all-purpose flour (sifted), baking powder, caster sugar, and salt to taste into the bowl.
- Whisk it well then add 1 large egg, melted butter, ¾ cup of milk, or as required into the bowl and whisk it well until they will well be combined.
- Now your pancake mixture is about to ready.
- Take medium-size frying pan grease it with a brush with butter.
- Now pour 1/4th cup of the prepared batter into the frying pan.
- Then cook it on a medium-low flame and cook it from both sides for approximately 1 minute for each side.
- When you saw some bubbles rise on the surface of the frying pan turn it.
- After turning up cook another side again for 1 minute.
- Now your plain pancakes are about to ready.
- Similarly, make medium size pancakes from the prepared batter as you can.
- Dish out into the plate and drizzle some drops of honey on it and serve it.
- Serve it to your families as a sweet dessert or your loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal!
- Calories: 144 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23.3g
- Proteins: 5g
- Fats: 3.2g
- Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Cooking or Baking time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: Almost half-hour required
- Serving: Depends on your pancakes quantity (1 pancake for each person)
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: American Cuisine
- Taste: Sweet