By Yu Ten
In many countries of Africa, insects are essential not only for environmental balance but also for healthy and meal advantages. Ifinkubala the cuisine from Zambia is among the many cuisines of insects. There are termites cuisines and grasshoppers (senene) cuisines too.
Ifinkubala is prepared from worms that get caught from the certain kind of trees. Once collected as clusters, they are cleaned by removing internal wastes and then dried over sun to preserve nutrients and later sold in the markets.
You may get one from the market to make this cuisine or just become a hunter and grab a bunch of worms direct from tree. (if you dare so)
The nutritional of these worms beats twice proteins percent from that found on meats. They are also taste ever. This dish is easy to cook and doesn’t need you to be an expert in food in order to prepare it. Welcome and enjoy this cuisine preparation.
- 2 cups of worms (dried)
- 2 bulb onions
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 3 tomatoes
- Salt and oil
- Pepper powder for taste
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small pieces
- Heat up oil and start to fry onions and garlic until onions color change to brown.
- Add tomatoes and stir well, add salt and leave it to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add in the worms and mix them well, add little amount of water for soup.
- Boil for 5 minutes less, add pepper for taste.
- Our cuisine is ready, enjoy the meal.