Uganda – African Sardine Roast
By Mabimbi Don
Sardine in Africa count for a day to day food and they are among the most consumed foods in Africa.
Due to their presence in sea and oceans, they act as a best, taste and affordable food in many of African countries. Some of lakes that contains sardine are Lake Victoria and Tanganyika in Tanzania while most of them are from oceans like Indian Ocean .
Preparing African Sardine roast takes about 3-5 minutes and 10-15 minutes of about cooking it. This food can be taken with Stiff porridge, rice, potatoes, cooked bananas, flat fried chappati and so more that you may find it favourable to you.
Let us prepare this Local cuisine with reference from Uganda.
- Sardine 1/2 kg.
- 6 Okra.
- 5 Tomatoes.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 2 Carrots.
- Cooking Vinegar.
- 2Green pepper.
- 3 Curry powder tea spoon.
- Wash and clean sardine. Cut green pepper and onions into
small pieces. Grind tomatoes.
- Using frying or cooking pan, put reasonable oil, when get heat
add in onion and green pepper pieces, keep fry them for 2-3
minutes, add sardine and let them boil for more 4 minutes.
- Add tomato into the mix together with salt, let them boil for
9 minutes. (Be sure to check for soup)
- Add carrots and let them boil with the soup, after 2-3 minutes
add in curry powder stir then add vinegar (one tea spoon is
- Let the mix boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Our African Sardine mix is ready for lunch or dinner, enjoy.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!