by Y Shomwi
Tanzania is a country located in the eastern Africa, a famous country with Tanzanite minerals. It is bordered with Kenya to ts north, Indian ocean to it’s east, Democratic republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi to it’s west.
Pawpaw are another fruits grown in the country mostly at home level. Ripe pawpaw usually consumed as fruit after dinner or early in the morning as a breakfast to some of the families. Unripe pawpaw in the other hand, it is used as a veggie for meal.
It is cooked as normal green vegetables preparation, in a lower time compared with cabbage or spinach vegetables. Chicken meat is detached from bones, chopped in small long pieces then mixed with the pawpaw roast. Welcome as we prepare this meal on your kitchen spot, enjoy.
- 1 small unripe pawpaw
- 1 chicken meat
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 packet of tomato
- 1 tbsp of green pepper
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 2 tbsp of chicken marsala
- Vegetable oil
Procedures for cooking
- Peel off pawpaw.
- Unripe pawpaw tend to produce white liquid that has a sour taste, therefore make sure you wash it vigorously.
- Chop into small pieces, about an onion piece thick, set aside. Chop onions, carrot and green pepper, set aside on another plate.
- Marinate chicken meat with garlic, salt and oil for 30 minutes. Boil it until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes, chop chicken meat into small pieces.
- Start to fry onions until transparent, add carrots and green peppers, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pawpaw and fry for 4 minutes less, add chicken and keep fry for 3 minutes until they are fine cooked.
- Add tomato and mix for few seconds, add coconut and boil under low heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
- After the time, our cuisine will be ready. Rice is the main side dish we normally take with this dish, however you may take it with read or sweet potatoes.
- Enjoy with your family and friends.