Tanzania – Bilinganya Stew
By Breila jack
Tracing the origin of Bilinganya in Tanzania, was first introduced in Sukuma lands northern of the coutry.
The plant was used as medicine to treat low blood tendency in the body traditionally.
Bilinganya as plant fruits was also used in the medication process, this made it to be as among the best vegetables cultivated in the area.
Due to people iteractions, Bilinganya is served almost all the country by either being mixed with meat or roasted with peanut butter.
Let us prepare the cuisine.
Things to prepare
- 3 Bilinganya
- 2 Tomaties
- 1Big onion
- 1 Big carrot
- 3 Peanut butter tea spoons
- Pepper powder
- Wash and peel off Bilinganya dark green cover.
- Cut into small pieces
- Wash tomatoes and cut into alike pieces
- Wash carrot and cut into smaller boxes
- Do the same for onions.
- Add oil into cooking pan
- Start by frying onions with Bilinganya pieces, add salt to catalyse readiness.
- Cover the top, allow moderate heat level for about 4 minutes.
- Open and check to see if Bilinganya are pinched softly, if not keep boil for 2 minytes more.
- Add tomatoes and carrots, boil for 5 minutes.
- Fry untill they mix fine, add peanut butter, stir for 2 minutes, lower heat, add some soup from water or milk, boil for 3 minutes more.
- Our cuisine is ready. Enjoy.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!