South Africa – Chicken Biltong
By Mabimbi Don
Biltong are very famous bites in South Africa made from dried sliced meat. They are characterized by air dry with lemon, sugar, salt, pepper and other flavours to preserve taste and lower fats percent from it. It is traced from the abroads but still holds it’s value through the traditional way of drying meat for longer last.
Today we will prepare this cuisine using chicken meat, because someone may find it too expensive to prepare Biltong from goat or cow meat.
Join me throughout the process, welcome.
- Chicken meat, sliced.
- 2 bulb onions.
- Grinned garlic.
- Ginger grinned.
- Pepper powder.
- Tomato paste.
- peanut butter.
- 1 red pepper.
- 2 carrots.
- Mix chicken slices with garlic, salt, ginger and pepper powder, then dry the meat, either from barbecue or air dry (this may take longer).
- Cut down into boxes, onions, red pepper and carrots.
- Start fry onions and carrots for 3 minutes, consider onions change color to brownish.
- Take dried meat and mix them through, add tomato and 2 tea spoons of grinned peanut butter, stir until all is mixed up.
- Add some water to make a soup, boil for about 10 minutes.
- After the time, our cuisine must be ready for lunch, enjoy.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!