by Robert Christopher
Dibi is a roasted meat usually on large, wood-fired grills, before being made for meal in small sized pieces. It is a most known food to be prepared in Senegal streets due to the point that it’s also a take away fast food.
Once you visit Dakar, you will find most of it in the restaurants. Dibi is smelly taste, it’s easy to notice the presence, just name your order earlier before it is too late.
You may prepare this meal at home and feel the same taste as in restaurants, let us prepare it.
Prepare the followings
- 1 Kg of roasted meat, chop into small pieces.
- 3 Bulb onions.
- 2 Peppers.
- Curry powder.
- Vinegar/1 Lemon.
The meat is already cooked, we just want to finalize it to Dibi;
- Clean onions, chop it over the pieces of meat. Add vinegar or lemon juice on top, followed with curry powder.
- As seen in picture, after all is set, add some salt for taste and start to fry for only 5 minutes less.
- Make sure it tastes well while still in pan, before take it for meal.
- Don’t mix pepper while frying, it will be served at the table.
Our Dibi cuisine is simply prepared this way, ready for lunch or dinner as it is or with fried bites, rice, potatoes, bananas, Stiff porridge and so much with favor.