Rwanda – Traditional Barbecued Meat
by Alkased Mamim
Traditional barbecued meat from Rwanda will surprise you. Normally we both know that barbecued meat will have to get cooked over heat, special charcoal cook, but from Rwanda things are little different here we marinate meat for about a day, then cook it smoked covered with greens for some hours.
Rwanda is the lovely country having cool environment and promising peace from it’s inhabitants. It is located in the eastern Africa, bordered by Tanzania on the east, Burundi to the south, Congo by the west and Uganda to the north.
Marinating beef meat will constantly go with selected aromas ginger, garlics, oil, salt, peppers and honey inclusive.
The marinating time depends slightly with a kind of meat to be smoked, lamb meat will take some hours maybe 6-10 hours while beef and goat meat will simply take a day, and a whole night on the refrigerator.
The barbecued process will be done on the next day soon from morning to noon time, whereby green leaves are used to cover meat while smoke is heated from below the meat. Note that it’s not just any greens, but spinach will do better.
Welcome to the cuisine, you need to be prepared for this as it needs both time and persistence.
Prepare the following
- 3 kg of beef filleted
- 5 kg of spinach
- 1 kg of garlics
- ½ kg of ginger
- ¼ kg of peppers
The cooking procedures are easy it’s only time that harden the process, anyway for the lovely taste, we do anything it takes.
- Prepare the Garlics and ginger by cleaning them, chop into pieces and grin.
- Peppers do follow the same preparing trend, but they are prepared singly.
- After the preparation process mix the ingredients with beef fillets, add oil and salt. Mix them together for 3 minutes.
- After the mixing, leave them to mix well for a day in a cool place.
- During the night, put them in a refrigerator.
- The next day prepare the charcoal cook and grill. Put the fillets on top and cover with spinaches.
- Heat up the charcoal to give low amount of heat then off it to make smoke.
- Leave the cooking under low heat and smoke for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the spinaches and the meat.
- Serve meat warm and enjoy with friends and family.
Appreciate this taste from Rwanda.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!