Nigeria – Ofada Rice
by Mimi Joseph
Ofada Rice is mostly consumed by Yoruba people from Nigeria, it is also called brown rice and is mostly known with the name in other worldly areas. Oyo tribe also prefer to prepare this cuisine because it is rich in food minerals than white rice.
Nigeria is a country located in the west part of African continent, bordered by Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Ofada Rice will be served wrapped with banana leaves, Traditionally is the way to show custom respect. Although banana leaves may seem too locally, however the taste of the meal is quite as new as when cooked from pot.
This cuisine can be cooked remotely through the process explained below, although it needs some carefully followed steps as it rich in dirty and stones. Welcome to the steps on preparing Ofada Rice.
- 1 kg of Ofada rice
- Carefully check to remove dirty and large stones.
- Put water in a pot and add the rice, swing a little to settle smaller stones and sand, then remove the top to the nearly bottom until you remain with little rice mixed with sand. It’s okay to dump both .
- Heat up the cooker and put 4 cups of water, boil the rice in the pot with water for about 15 minutes.
- After the time, filter off water and add another cup to proceed with the boiling process until ready.
- Due to the industrial processing mechanism the rice may take more water than normal while cooking, therefore be ready to check it for readiness time after time.
- Enjoy the meal with friends and family. The cuisine is served with Ofada stew.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!