by Mimi Joseph
Nigeria is a country in Africa sharing land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. It is a country contains a wide number of traditional dishes, among them is Margi special. The dish is popular in the northeastern part of Nigeria, with an origin from the Margi tribe people who are living around riverine.
It is a dish of fish cooked with vegetables. Fish usually used are of any kind, but mostly the catfish.
The dish contained a prepared fish in the pan, topped up with veggies like spinach or Roselle leaves, onions, tomatoes and other spices, then cooked along altogether for sometime until steam cooks the dish well.
For the catfish, the taste is even better since it cooks fast and easy, if the soup is allowed to become thick, it wraps itself so smooth and sweet.
Margi special is normally eaten with Fufu or rice.
Welcome to the recipe, it is easy to prepare it just keep your focus on the following procedures.
- 4 medium size cat fish
- Spinach or Roselle leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- scotch bonnet
- seasoning cubes (4)
- Wash spinach or Roselle leaves and cut into small pieces. (If you used Roselle leaves Sodium carbonate reduces sour taste)
- Crush scotch bonnets, chop onion and tomatoes
- Set onions from the bottom of the pan followed by fish.
- Add seasonings, salt and peppers over the fish.
- Cover with spinach or Roselle leaves, pour some water (1 cup).
- Boil the mix for about 5 minutes, add oil and keep boil for 15 minutes or until water dries.
- Our cuisine is ready, enjoy it with family and friends.