Nigeria – Ewa Aganyin
by Mimi Joseph
Nigeria is a country in Africa located on the western part of the continent bordering Niger in the north, Cameroon in the east, and Benin in the west. The southern part furthermore is bordering the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean.
Passing around Nigeria streets, Ewa Aganyin is the most served dish. Fast food points are the most sellers of this cuisine. It is made from mashed beans and chilies soup. Although Ewa Aganyin is the loved dish, inappropriate preparation steps may result in a bad taste and hot chill meal.
Different styles of preparing this cuisine includes only beans and soup, some other cooks adds bites like banana around the plate to make it taste better as well as yams and fishes.
As per ingredients of the meal, enough amount if chilies is used, mistake in a single step preparation (especially Chill amount) may result into a different story.
We will prepare the cuisine along with banana bites, hence this adds up a control taste for chilies. A lot amount of palm oil to be used along cooking the soup is needed, therefore make sure you have enough of it. The soup is likely to dry fast water and palm oil, that’s why you are required to have enough amount of pam oil. Welcome to the cooking procedures.
- 3 cups of beans
- 100 grams of chilies (crushed)
- 5 onions
- 5 palm oil cups
- 1 tbsp of garlic
- 3 bananas
- Marsala (1 packet of royco)
- Wash and clean beans. Boil them with one onion chopped in. Using pressure cooker will save time.
- Make sure you boil until beans become tender enough to mash well. Cooking time may take about three hours.
- Chop and soak chills for more than 4 hours or a whole night. You may take this chance while boiling beans.
- After boiling beans step is ready, mash them well and add salt for taste. Keep aside warm.
- Chop 4 onions and put into a food blender. Filter the chills and put on the blender with onions, blend.
- In a frying pan pour 2 cups of palm oil and bleach. Chop the remaining onions.
- Once oil is heated well start to fry onions until brownish color observed. The soup preparation takes place under low heat supply, it is a longer cooing procedure.
- Add the blended paste into the pan, mix well and let them cook. You need to keep an eye on the soup from burning. Add more palm oil to the soup, hence oil tend to be soaked by the soup.
- Add salt and royco for taste into the soup. Keep cook until oil floats on the soup layer, this is to mean the soup is ready.
- Peel bananas and chop into 8-10 pieces from each banana. Fry them until color change into golden brown.
Serve Ewa Aganyin with banana bites, bread or yams while warm. The mashed beans are placed on the plate and topped up with chills soup. Enjoy the taste from this cuisine.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!