Nigeria – Banga Soup
by Mimi Joseph
Nigeria is a country located in the western part of Africa, being bordered with Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon. It stands with many tastes and almost carry the African dish ride.
The Banga Soup cuisine originates primarily in the south and mid-western parts of Nigeria. Many settlers from the area consumes it at large. It is tasty, smooth and lovely.
Banga soup cuisine may be prepared from meat, fish or both of the two.
Many people prefer the mix of both meat and fish, however some prepared it with veggies only, keeping on mind about palm nuts as the main ingredient for the soup.
The easiest way is by using smoked fish, with the smokey taste, mixed spices especially the peppers produce a medium hot taste that will leave you wide amazed.
Welcome to this recipe from Nigeria.
- 1/2 kg of beef
- 2 stockfish (Panla or Okporoko)
- 2 medium dried fish
- palm oil extract
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp of Banga Spice
- 2 tbsp of crushed Obeletientien leaves
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp seasoning powder
- 1 tbsp ground crayfish
- 2 scotch bonnets
- Soak the fishes in hot water for more than 15 minutes. This is to give their fresh style.
- Chop the onion into two half, one half may be blended along with peppers and scotch bonnets, and the remaining one should be just pieced.
- In a cooking pan add meat, cayenne pepper, season powder and salt, boil it until ready. (may take 15 – 30 minutes)
- Clean the stockfish from soak and add in the cooking pot, keep cook for 10 minutes less.
- After the boiling process sounds great, set side and pick the meat and fish from the soup. Add palm oil of about a half cup into the pot containing the soup, boil covered until oil floats. (add some water too dilute palm oil)
- Add onions blends into the pot, followed with banga spice, seasoning powder, salt, dried fishes, cook while covered fro 10 minutes more.
- While boiling, stir and look for your best thick soup target, normalize the taste or else serve warm.
- Fufu or pounded yam are the best to serve with Banga soup, Enjoy.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!