By Mimi Joseph
Portuguese cuisine has become entrenched in Mozambican culture, simply because of the colonial effect in the country. Either ways that doesn’t deny it’s best styles of food preparations as well as it’s cuisines.
This snack delicious food are prepared and sold almost in every part of the country. They are so taste and simple to prepare. The only challenge for this meal is getting prawns, if that looks simple to find in your area then we are good to go. Welcome as we go through each simplified steps with the cuisine.
List the followings
- 1/4 kg of premature corns
- 1.2 kg of flour (any of the like)
- 1/2 kg of sugar
- 1/4 kg of green peas
- 1 liter of milk (Evaporated milk is recommended)
- 2 carrots
- 3 bulb onions
- 4 eggs
- Take according to the number of people to consume, here we’ll use one prawn per snack.
- Frying oil
- Butter / Margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop onions and carrots into small pieces, put into a bowl.
- Add corn and peas altogether in the bowl.
- Take cooking pan, add in flour, baking powder, salt and some of the milk, boil with low heat until dough formed. Take it to cool.
- Take butter add into the bowl with the mix, add in milk, black pepper and minced garlic, stir untill well mixed. (You may notice a dough like shape).
- Take dough formed with flour, divide into two, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Use a tea spoon to add on each sized piece.
- Using a jug size or cutter to make a half moon like shape for each.
- Break eggs into a a flat plate and sugar on another plate.
- Take each and dip into eggs then on sugar plate, remove excess sugar particles and immediately fry it.
- Do the same until all are fried well.
Eat this snacks hot or cool, with juice. Enjoy your meal with friends and welcome again to this platform for more Mozambique cuisines.