Morocco – Harira
by Y Shomwi
Morocco is the only African country with coastal exposure to both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean sea, it borders Algeria to the east, Western Sahara to the south, Atlantic Ocean to the west, and the Mediterranean Sea to the north.
Let’s speak about Harira cuisine. It is a herb-rich, tomato-based soup mostly prepared during the Ramadan fasting period and it is consumed as the first meal after sunset.
Harira cuisine is prepared as a tomato rich soup but may contain a variety of veggies, cereals and meats with accordance of the person who prepares it.
Sometimes the peas goes with spaghetti, potatoes, cream or any favored leaves along it the Hirari cuisine. Some goes far with the dish and mix it with meat or fish despite the fact that they were supposed be prepared separately.
Today we will prepare the Hirari soup with peas only, without forgetting it’s most ingredient item tomatoes. Welcome and grab your kitchen on the go.
- 1/2 kg can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 kg can chickpeas
- 1/4 kg lentils
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Clean chickpeas, lentils and onion, chop onion and coriander leaves.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and lentils.
- Grin garlic and ginger.
- Start to fry onions until brownish, add garlic, ginger, cumin and cayenne pepper. Fry for some seconds until they become fragrant.
- Pour tomato, massel, chickpeas and lentils, also salt for taste, stir and mix well, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until soup thickens.
- Once done, mix with lemon juice and coriander. Add pepper if it prefers you, it adds more taste.
- Enjoy Harira cuisine with family members of friends, it is really delicious.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!