By Mabimbi Don
Zitumbuwa is generally prepared from banana and maize flour, it is among the best dishes found in Malawi country, and it is prepared traditionally, but we will use our modern tools to make it, Welcome as we prepare our Cuisine.
In order to prepare this cuisine we must have the followings:
- 5 well ripe bananas
- ½kg of maize flour
Cooking steps are as follows:
- Grind bananas into the basin or pan.
- Add flour and mix them well, add little amount of oil into the mix, so that they bound and cook well.
- Take frying pan and add amount of oil in it.
- Leave for 3 to 4 minutes so that oil get heated well.
- Start to make ball shapes using your palms and immediately put into pan so that they start to cook.
- Do the same for some amount of them, and be keen to notice color change so that they don’t burn.
- They ussualy takes 5 minutes to be cooked well, remove from pan and put into open plate to filter oil from pan.
- Wait for the food to cool don’t rush you won’t enjoy the real yummy taste.