Malawi – Mkhwani
by Tanomba Thati
Not only in Malawi but all over the globe, pumpkins have been known for their significance in traditional medication as well as traditional dishes preparation.
Talking about medication we simply point out the role played by pumpkins’ seeds, whereby some fry them to dry, blend to flour and serve it by mixing with tea or coffee while other just consume them like eating nuts.
In Malawi pumpkins are highly cultivated at home level not only for pumpkins fruits but also their leaves. Being highly supplied with vitamins, they are most eaten within many homes, at least any meal will have to contain Mkhwani.
Since they are even distributed, this will be a smooth and easy cooking recipe ever, just hold on your kitchen till we wind up, welcome.
Prepare the followings
- 2 bulb onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 full hand bunches of pumpkin leaves
- Grinned garlic
- Peanut butter
- Wash with warm to clean pumpkins leaves from dust and pesticides effects.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small box like shaped pieces.
- Chop pumpkin leaves into tiny pieces, for easy cooking.
- Put all the chopped into the pan, add oil and salt, add garlic on top.
- Boil for 5 minutes with top covered.
- Open and pass spoon to mix all the ingredients.
- Boil for 5 minutes less with on top opened.
- Add peanut butter of about 3 teaspoons, mix.
- Cover the top and boil for 2-3 minutes, be sure to taste for salt on the previous steps, as to this final step, you are not allowed to add salt, it will mess all up.
Our Mkhwani cuisine is ready for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Welcome friends and family to enjoy this amazing taste from Malawi. Take it with any food but I will recommend one of my favor, here it is;
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!