Malawi – Mbatata
by Tanomba Thati
Mbatata in Malawi is another loved and delicious food in bite form, made from sweet potatoes and milk with butter mix, also eggs are added to flavor it.
Sweet potatoes in Malawi are found to provide a number of traditional dishes such like boiled sweet potatoes, sweet potato leaves recipe and Makande with sweet potato mix. These bites are widely found sold as fast foods in packets mostly from restaurants or fast food points.
I won’t waste much of your time, welcome as we go through preparation and cooking steps.
- 2 Big sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 kg of flour
- Baking powder
Start to peel and wash, then boil sweet potatoes for about a half an hour.
- Take boiled sweet potatoes and mash them in a bowl;
- Add flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, egg, butter of about 5 teaspoons, and last add milk.
- Stir it until well mixed
- Keep the process to form a dough.
- Flat the dough over a wood plate, Knead with rolling pin to 1 cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to make your favorite shapes from the flat dough.
Put into the oven plate and bake for 20 minutes less.
Our Mbatata cookies are all ready for meal, you may do other liked stuffs from here, like adding food color on top of them, or adding sugar pieces.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!