Madagascar – Tilapia (Tilapia à la Malagasy)
By Marko Judia
Madagascar in an island found in the Indian ocean, west on African continent, near Mozambique mainland state. Since Madagascar is an island, it’s primary cuisines must have contain sea foods like Prawns and Tilapia.
Tilapia do varies in length and weight, there small ones, medium and large, that goes proportional with their weights.
Fishing Tilapia is a tricky when comes to traditional ways. Baskets made with hard fibrous leaves, normally coconut tree leaves are formed in such a way that it allow water to pass off and hold up fishes.
Water is disturbed giving a black mud mix, making it hard for fish to see, this is the chance for a fisher to have a day meal or count it pass.
Today modern innovations have simply the fishing work making it easy for fishermen to catch a large number of fishes per once, but in under control fishing measures. We will prepare this cuisine from Madagascar using one Tilapia, welcome so much along the session.
- 1 medium Tilapia
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cardamon powder
- Peel the scales off the fish.
- Remove the internal wastes, wash it to clean it more. Pass lines using the knife from the back to bottom, these lines will enable it to marinate well with the mixes.
- Wrap it with garlic, cardamon and lemon for 30 minutes.
- Wash onions, carrot and tomato. Chop both into a clean plate.
- Fry the fish after 30 minutes of marinates ended. Frying process may take 10 minutes or longer depending on the marinates ingredients and heat supplied.
- Take Tilapia off heat into a clean plate, remove excess frying oil.
- Fry onions until brownish, add tomatoes and salt, fry for 3 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Add in carrots and keep fry for 2 minutes.
- Some other likes to take a soup over the fried fish on plate (see top main photo), while others cooks it along with the veggies. Proceed if you may want to mix both in a cooking pan.
- Add lemon juice and water for roast, boil for 4 minutes.
- Our cuisine is ready, enjoy the meal.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!