Ghana – Waakye
By Mabimbi Don
From the city of Accra, Waakye has been used largely for a meal, as lunch and dinner. The cuisine comprises of the mixture rice with beans, cooked to give a traditional taste of the mix.
This cuisine was once largey found o the northern parts of African continent, but it is widely distributed nowadays to almost every part of the country.
Welcome to prepare this secret taste of the Waakye from Ghana.
- 1kg of rice
- ½kg of boiled beans.
- Palm oil.
- Pilau Masala
- Pour oil into the cooking pan, start flying rice for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans all together keep mixing thoroughly, till each piece of rice seems to get oiled well, this may take to almost 5 minutes.
- Add in Masala or any favourable vegetable, leave it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Pick out the food from heat, when then cuisine is delicious and ready.
- Enjoy with family or friends.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!