Eritrea – Kicha FitFit
by Alkased Mamim
Eritrea is an African country found in the eastern parts of the continent, it is bordered by Ethiopia in the south, Sudan in the west and Djibouti in the southeast. The capital city is Asmara and it’s were our cuisine largely consumed.
Kicha FitFit is mainly prepared from flour to make pancakes that later are tossed over butter mixed with spices. The cuisine is even consumed at large taking it’s lead throughout breakfast time, mostly prepared at homes and restaurants.
Kicha is prepared as a fried bread from flour mixed with water, well formed batter and fried in a saucepan.
Spices are then prepared well and mixed with pieced Kicha to complete the term Kicha Fitfit. Sometimes Kicha pieces are cooked after spice mix and break into more tiny pieces.
At home the cuisine is normally eaten with yogurt aside, coffee or tea to complete the dish.
This is how the dish get to be prepared, welcome to the recipe.
Prepare the followings
- 1/2 ivory teff flour
- 1/4 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of spiced clarified butter
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of berbere
- Prepare clean bowl, add flour and water, stir well to mix.
- The batter texture should be thick and no too loose.
- Heat up a pan under medium heat, add one teaspoon of oil to reduce stickiness of the batter. Laddle batter and cook both sides until golden color appears, that means it is ready, move it into a clean plate.
- Repeat the procedure until all batter is cooked.
- In a another pot, add butter, berbere and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mix and set aside.
- Piece Kicha into small pieces.
- Heat up the sauce mix to warm up it, add in the Kicha pieces and slowly mix till the pieces are well wrapped and coated. Keep mixing until sauce is absorbed with the Kicha pieces.
- Serve the meal with garnished yogurt or set aside, all is well.
- Coffee tastes well with the cuisine, enjoy with family and friends.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!