by Huyu Bob
Benin is blessed with nature, yam, maize, beans are some of the readily available blessings to the country. Benin is found in the west Africa bordered to the northwest by Burkina Faso, to the east side by Nigeria and to the west by Togo. It also touches gulf of Guinea of north Atlantic ocean side.
Sea food is available at much compared to meat, that are at a state very expensive, with few animal types like goat, rabbit, cow e.t.c. Ago Glain is another taste no never miss while you visit Benin. It’s as much simple as like anyone can cook it with guides. It’s a cuisine of crabs that are aromatic mixed with peppers, tomatoes, peanut as well as onions and other tasty ingredients.
Grab your kitchen tools and let’s buy some time to collect necessary ingredients list for our taste dish from Benin, get prepared and welcome.
- ½ kg crab
- 2 large onions
- 2 tomatoes
- black pepper 1tbsp
- peanut butter
- 1 red chilli
- 4 limes
- a bay leaf
Steps to cook
- Wash all the “need to wash” ingredients. Chop one onion, juice the lines and put the juice into a small pot. Wash well the crab with water and set aside.
- Take cooking pot and add amount of water that fits to cook the dish, add vinegar, a bunch of parsley, black peppers boil for 10 minutes.
- After water boils for the said time, add crabs, one whole onion, tomato and a bay leaf, cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the onion and tomato, keep boil for 5-7 minutes more for the soup to cook well.
- After the time, remove the crabs and carefully break-off the shells to remove meat, put meat into the lime mixture.
- The cooked soup may be used to cook a side dish for our cuisine that is rice, but before you use it make sure to filter.
- Chop the other onion and fry in a pan using any likely oil, palm oil is more recommended. Keep fry until translucent then add tomato, cook for 2 minutes then add peanut butter, keep cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add fish meat and cook under moderate heat to create a soup consistency that is required. Taste to adjust for seasonings.
- Serve on shells over rice and enjoy with family and friends.