By Yu Ten
In Africa there are kinds of beans, some of them are as pictured here:
In this cusine we will use the yellow one (picture number 4), as they are easy to get and even preparation method it doesn’t consume a lot of time.
We will prepare this cusine from Zambia. The longest duration for this roast preparation is about 2 and a half hours up to 3 hours, depending on method used in the process.
If rice is your most favourite food then yellow beans roast will add a taste into your meal, either lunch or dinner. also Sweet potatoes and Cassava has been noted to provide such ana amaizing taste with it as well.
Let us prepare our cusine from Zambia, I welcome you to join and shake a hand with me for the taste you will find.
THINGS TO PREPARE
- 1/2kg of yellow beans.
- Palm oil.
- 2 Carrots.
- 1 Bulb onios.
- 1 Coconut.
- Vegetable masala.
HOW TO COOK
- Wash and clean beans to remove sand powder and small stones.
- Boil beans for 2 hours using pressure cooker.
- To minimize boiling time, you may need to soak them a whole nght before
- While boiling, wash carrots and onions and cut into small box like shapes.
- When beans are ready, take cooking pan, add palm oil in it, heat it up
with moderate heat few seconds.
- Add carrots and onions, fry them for 2-3 minutes, add beans without the
soup from boiling process.
- Fry the mix for 3 minutes and add salt, leave them to boil for 2 minutes.
- After the time add some amount of boiled soup into the mix while stir,
add more in case you need more soup, boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut into the mix to give out the best smell and taste, boil for
2 minutes and add Vegetable masala, then boil for 5 minutes more.
- Our cuisine is ready for meal, Enjoy with your family.