By Djougwa kouemo Patricia
Topsi banane is a very special food which is mostly cooked during knock doors and meetings since the food yummy and irresistible. This food is cooked traditionally if you wants to really want to feel the good taste of it. In the village people cook it differently by using different species but my grandmother own I fell in love because it is so traditional and good in to the mouth as she uses green banana , crayfish, dry fish , palm oil and fresh species, whenever I cook it at home I can still remember my grandmother.
Cuisine west Africa
Prep time 25minutes
Cook time 55 minutes
Let’s get to the ingredients
- 10 green bananas
- 1 cups of groundnuts without skin
- A small hand of crayfish
- 3 small dry fish
- 2 small onions
- 1 leeks
- 1 maggic crevette cube
- 3 cups of palm oil
- 2 large garlic gloves
- Pepper optional
Let’s get ready is Cooking time
- Boil the unskin grandnut for 5 minutes, remove it while it gets cold you can prepare washing your leeks, garlics, 1 onions. When the groundnut gets cold put in the blender and add the other species and grain all together, make sure it is well grain.
- Wash the green banana thoroughly, peel them and wash them again and allows them in to a bowl that contains water. Then at this moment you can start preparing your dry fish by arranging and removing born and breaking the fish in to small species then wash it.
- In a pot heat the 1 cup of palm oil unstill it start to smook , then chopped the remaining one onions, crayfish and dry fish fry add it in to the palm oil allow it for 2 minutes then add the grounded grandnut and the green banana . cover the pot and continue to stir occasionally to prevent it from burning. Lets it cook for 15 to 20 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and magic crevette, you can also add pepper then allow it for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and lets it cold before you can enjoy.