USA, Germany – Potato Salad
Description About the Dish
Potato Salad is a special type of dish made from potatoes which are boiled and a combination of other ingredients. This dish is not the main dish because everyone considered it as a side dish. Potato Salad is part of European Cuisine and it also has many verities and variants. You can also try delicious potato salad with a combination of eggs. Eggs make it much tastier than earlier and it will also have many benefits because of including eggs. Some people in European countries treat potato salad as evening snacks or eat at lunchtime, but there also are some people who make this dish for accompanying the main course dishes like in dinner, in which a housemade woman or chef makes dinner for the householders and also they make potato salad for a side dish. You can also try it at your own house by tracing my recipe step-by-step. Potato salad includes boiled potatoes, mayonnaise, and some people add eggs but I didn’t add eggs in this recipe. Many office workers in Germany and other European countries take Potatoes salad for their lunch in the lunch box and believe it is very helpful for them because potatoes are heavy on the stomach and for relaxing the mind which is very useful for office workers. You can serve potato salad in either hot or cold in both conditions. People of Germany and other European countries use this dish for their picnic food and it is very perfect for it.
Origin and History
Many Food historians strongly agree or believe that the Potato Salad is firstly rooted and originated in Germany in the 19th century. This dish is not only popular in European countries and colonies but later on, it becomes popular with time in Asian countries. Therefore, in Asian countries, there are little bit different tastes from European countries because of adding some additional ingredients to make it different. Some food historians say that the way of making potato salad by Asian countries is a little bit similar to the way of making potato salad by American style. It is originated from Germany but this dish also known as American-style Potato Salad. Now the recipe of this dish is spreading faster and faster throughout the world, and also it is easily available at many mini markets and restaurants.
- Potatoes 1/2 kg
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala (optional) 1/4 tsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Coriander (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Onion (fried) 2 tbsp
- In the first step bring the water to a pot and boil it completely.
- Then take half kg of washed potatoes and put them into the boiling water.
- Leave it for boiling for approximately 15 minutes.
- After boiling complete take them out and leave them to cool almost 10 minutes are required for completely cool.
- Now peel the outer layer of all potatoes and cutting down all potatoes one by one into two equal pieces.
- Set them aside.
- Then take olive and put it on the half-cut potatoes.
- Then sprinkle the salt and black pepper powder, whole spice powder(Chaat Masala), mustard, and chopped coriander on the boiled potatoes.
- Let’s mix it well until well combined.
- To make it much tastier add Mayonnaise and give it a good mix for well combined.
- Then sprinkle the fried onion and again mixing well.
- Your Potato Salad is ready for serve.
- Serve it to your family and friends.
- Enjoy the dish.
- Calories: 264 per serving
- Fat: 12 g (17%)
- Proteins: 9.7 g (19%)
- Serving: 3 persons
- COOKING TIME: 10 MINS
- PREP. TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 to 30 minutes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!