by John Thomas
EXPLANATION ABOUT CUISINE:
Meatloaf is a type of meat dish in which we can use meat minced whether it is of chicken meat mince or lamb meat minced. Meatloaf is made with a combination of meat minced, milky bread, and other spices & ingredients. The shape of meatloaf is usually like chicken bread or a pancake. Before you bake it in an oven you can give it to any shape it is your own choice. Then sliced the loaf into many pieces like bread. Basically, meatloaf is the traditional cuisine of European countries and it is also mentioned in the collection Roman cookbook in detail. There are also mentioned its different variants in different countries. Meatloaf is especially considered as the main course in some countries. Although, Meatloaf is also popular in Asian countries too, like in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, etc. This is the only dish which is famous and popular all across the world. You can garnish Meatloaf with different types of sauces and kinds of ketchup. In many countries, they used different sauces, mushrooms for garnishment. It is usually dry and you can easily make bread crumbs of it and can be used in many ingredients. There are few main components of this dish the one is chicken meat minced, some vegetables like capsicum and Bread slices which are dipped in the milk then soak the milk from bread slices and then you can easily use them.
There are different variations in different countries which are as follows:
Germany is a European country which in which the meatloaf is a very popular snd common dish. The people of Germany called Meatloaf a “HACKBRATEN” or “FALSCHER HASE“. In Germany, people included boiled eggs inside the meatloaf in various cities.
Cuba is also the part of the European region, in which the meatloaf is referred to as a “PULPETA“, which is made with a combination of roasted minced with boiled eggs cooked on the cooler range and then baked it. Pulpeta is served in Cuba with a different types of sauces.
Bangladesh is an Asian country, in which there is another variant of Meatloaf which is called “MANSER LOF” which is served with mashed potatoes as a side dish.
Origin and History:
Origin and history are also the main portion of and type of cuisines that describe the background history of food which is sometimes mentioned in some different cookbooks. As I said Earlier that Meatloaf is mentioned in the collection of Roman cookbooks in detail. The actual Origin of Meatloaf is undefined but the direction of origin goes to the American cuisines which are originated in the 19th century. Some food historians said that Meatloaf was discovered in Germany and then becomes popular in different countries and it is considered a traditional German cuisine. From the earlier times, the Meatloaf was a different structure and it is common for the name of meatballs then in the shape of Meatloaf. Now it becomes the most common dish all across the world.
- Bread 2
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil 6 tsp
- Onion Chopped 2
- Green Capsicum 1
- Red Capsicum 1
- Yellow Capsicum 1
- Chicken Mince 1
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup 1 tsp
- Oyster Sauce 1.5 tsp
- Egg White 1
- Aluminum Foil 1
- Mushroom 1
- St as required
- Green Onion 10 gram
- Chicken Stock 1 cup
- Corn Flour (mixed with water) 3 tsp
- Carrot Chopped 1
- Garlic Chopped 1 tsp
- First, take a bowl to include bread, and then adding milk and reserve them for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then take a frying pan place it on the stove at low flame.
- Then include cooking oil into the pan, let heat it.
- Now add chopped onion and fry them for a minute at medium flame.
- After that add chopped carrot, 1 chopped green capsicum, and 1 chopped red capsicum, and the same as yellow capsicum, and mix it well.
- Again cook them for a while.
- Now take a bowl of bread dipped in milk and wipe out only the milk from the bowl.
- Now take another bowl add 1 kg of chicken mince, and then including all spices to make it tasty
- Let’s add salt to taste or as required, oregano, 1 tsp of black pepper powder, 1 tsp of lemon juice, tomato ketchup, oyster sauce, 1 large egg, vegetable stock 1 cup, and reserved milky bread into that bowl.
- Now after adding these ingredients give to a good mix until all spices and ingredients are fully combined.
- Now take another frying pan place it on a medium flame stove.
- Then add cooking oil and chopped onion and stir well and fry them on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let’s include mushrooms, green onion, and chicken stock and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then add cornflour which is combined with water.
- Now, brush the inner surface of the baking tray with cooking oil and add prepared chicken into the tray and cover it with aluminum foil properly.
- Then set the oven timing which is 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees and put the tray into the oven and let’s bake it.
- After the baking process will be done remove the aluminum foil then again bake the prepared chicken for almost 10 minutes.
- After that, sprinkle the prepared mushrooms on the baked chicken mince for garnishment.
- Your delicious chicken loft is ready to serve.
- Total Calories: 331
- Total Fat: 18g
- Total Cholesterol: 128mg
- Total Sodium: 844mg
- Total Potassium: 538mg
- Total Proteins: 27g
- Serving: 3 to 4 persons
- Total Time Required: 1 hour